This policy has been developed to guide conference participants about the hosting institution’s protection against significant costs resulting from conference cancellation by the institution or individuals’ inability to attend due to any reason.
In the event the Institution cancels the conference:
All participants registered for the conference will be refunded the full amount of registration fees OR if the participant wishes, the registration fee can be applied as credit towards a subsequent conference.
When a Participant cancel’s his/her registration:
All participants registered for the conference can be refunded registration fees OR if the participant wishes, the registration fee can be applied as credit towards a subsequent conference. The refund policy is implemented as the following schedule:
• By March 15, 2019 – Full refund except for processing fee
• By April 15, 2019 – 50% refund except for processing fee
• If an invitation letter is already issued to a foreign attendee, there will be no refund, or credit transfer.
• If you mistakenly registered twice for the conference, a full refund will be provided if you notify us within 30 days of the transaction.
• If you are an international attendee applying for visa to travel to Canada, we will provide you an invitation letter for your visa application after you make payment. In the event your visa is refused, you will be refunded according to the refund schedule.
Travel Costs and Insurance
Travel costs and insurance are not included in the Registration fees. Participants are strongly advised to purchase their individual general travel insurance and have proper coverage. It is highly recommended that the insurance policy cover loss of fees or deposit, hotel accommodations, airfares, medical costs, loss or damage to personal property and repatriation expenses.
In addition, the insurance should cover loss arising from cancellation of the conference by the organizing institution, including an individual or groups’ inability to attend due to any reason whatsoever. The organizing institution will not be held liable for any person not holding adequate insurance.
All additional costs incurred related to car rental or other transportation costs will also not be covered by Organizing Institution in the event that a conference has been cancelled. Participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the relevant polices their service providers offer concerning cancellation and refunds prior to booking these services.
To ensure that your cancellation request is properly received and processed, participants must forward their requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that a conference or workshop has been cancelled by the organizing institution, all costs associated with booking both goods and services for the conference will be taken into consideration for reimbursement on a case-by-case basis.
The airline cancellation penalty fees incurred by Speakers required to be in attendance will be covered by the Organizing Institution?
Thank you for your interest in ICSIC 2019!